Castile soap is soap made from vegetable oil, rather than from animal fat or synthetic detergents. It originates from the Castile region of Spain (hence the name), where it was made from pure, local olive oil. Many Castile soaps available today are made with a high level of coconut oil and this can create a hyper cleansing, often drying, soap for the skin. What makes Nezza Naturals Castile different than most is that we add Avocado Oil and Castor Oil to create a moisturizing soap for your skin.
Handcrafted soaps made from scratch require three ingredients to become soap: oil (animal or vegetable oil, not petroleum-based oil), water and lye.
These three ingredients, mixed together in correct proportions, combine and chemically change into soap - a process called "saponification". At the end of this process there is no lye left in the soap.
Gentle, Biodegradable Soap
Potassium Hydroxide is a type of lye specifically used to make liquid soap. It is also known as potash. This is what induces the saponification. Sodium hydroxide is used for bar soap.
Castile soap is gentle on you and the environment because it's free of artificial foaming agents, harsh cleansers, deconstructed fatty acids from vegetable oils or fats (aka oleochemicals), petrochemicals and/or chemical anti-bacterial agents (like triclosan). It's also biodegradable. Liquid castile soap is so versatile, you'll wonder how you lived without it so long.
Great for Sensitive Skin
It doesn’t cause irritation, won't clog pores, and is great for people with skin sensitivities. Castile soap is non-toxic and actually better value than most soaps. It’s also versatile! You can actually replace a ton of household products with Castile Soap.
See our suggestions on how to use it below:
- Body wash: just like any soap or splash a few drops of the liquid onto a washcloth or bath pouf. Since liquid castile soap is concentrated, a little bit goes a lot further than traditional shower gel would.
- Shave gel: Likely because of the natural oil and high glycerin content in castile soap, it works pretty well as a shave gel, without making the skin dry or irritated.
- Hand soap: refill your bathroom dispensers with this biodegradable option
- Laundry soap: hand washing clothes
- General household cleaning: Dilute a tablespoon or two in a bucket of water and use it to clean a multitude of surfaces in your house.
At Nezza we have it available in Peppermint, Lavender or pure + simple (unscented)! Refillable too!
Got Questions? Give Us a Shout!
If you have any questions about natural face care for anyone, we are happy to help.
Visit our website at www.nezzanaturals.com for more essential oil information and DIY recipes.