What are Some Aromatherapy Benefits?
Essential oils come from a variety of sources. They can be organic, farmed, or wild-crafted (harvested from the wild). Some are anti-bacterial, or anti-inflammatory, they ALL offer a wide range of benefits. Aside from smelling good, the primary advantages of essential oils are health-related. They can:
- Manage pain, soothe joint aches, and alleviate headaches and migraines
- Improve sleep quality and reduce stress and anxiety
- Alleviate the side-effects of chemotherapy and labour discomfort
- Boost your immune system
- Improve indigestion
Essential oils are highly concentrated and can be up to 75-100 times more concentrated than the fresh plant, so a little goes a long way. They can be used as an additional treatment to alleviate symptoms of the following conditions:
- Insomnia and fatigue
- Menstrual issues and menopause
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Respiratory conditions like asthma
- Erectile dysfunction
Another benefit of aromatherapy is that it may be useful as a preventative treatment. Using aromatherapy oils daily can improve overall wellness through relaxation, deeper sleep, and pain relief.